Tuesday, January 1, 2013

When You Aren't Looking


My love for you depends on what shirt you are wearing. 
And the placement of your lips when you aren’t talking.
I wonder what you sound like when you are angry. 
My love for you depends on if I am looking up at you. 
And if I am able to smell you. 
Show me my place. 
Draw a line through my hands, dammit. 

Here. I won’t touch you. 
I will make sure a glass door is installed. 
No, a steel door. 
With a lock. 

My favorite smells are pine, mint gum, and your neck. 
You taste like flesh mixed with a sun warmed forest and old coffee. 
I could put my lips to the hairs on your chin for 2 hours straight.
wait. 

Let’s climb a mountain. 
And then lay under a blanket of 1 am. 
I need to ask you. 
When will I stop building spider webs, 
just to dissolve them like spun sugar? 

No comments:

Post a Comment